DEK Technologies is a professional software and hardware development services company with offices in 5 countries and 550+ employees worldwide. We place high value on people and the individual competence they contribute.
DEK Technologies is an engineering company run by engineers for engineers. What you see is what you get, and that’s a group of genuine, hardworking engineers. That is why people enjoy working with us. They enjoy the team camaraderie, flexibility, opportunities for travel and feeling part of the company’s success.
We’re a fast-paced and expanding company looking for an experienced Group Financial Controller.
The Group Financial Controller is critical to ensuring future success in continued profitability and international growth.
With a direct reporting line to the Group CEO this role will have responsibility for the day to day finance operations of DEK Technologies globally and within the Australian operation working closely with the group executives’, operations and sales leadership to implement strategies and initiatives around operational performance improvement, investment management, costings, pricing and systems/processes refinement.
Critical outcomes will include:
- Execute the financial strategy of the company
- Understanding and managing exposure to financial risks.
- Develop implement and manage the financial system, controls and accounting procedures
- Manage in a multinational environment, ensuring processes and tools are aligned.
- Ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans ie manage the budget process
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments
- Maintain speed and accuracy of payroll for Australian employees
- Compliance with international and local TAX laws
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
- Meeting Board and customer financial reporting requirements.
- Provide CEO and Board recommendations regarding exchange rate hedging, exchange rate deals, foreign currency transfers, reducing bank and intermediary bank fees.
- Able to demonstrate the ability and desire to continuously improve the performance and growth of a business or large operation
- Strong analytical skill and the ability to translate complex data and identify risks and opportunities
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience with implementation and management of financial governance, systems and tools
- Demonstrates a results-orientation, capable of both “hands-on” and broader oversight roles;
- Experience in working in technology services businesses would be an advantage
- Able to develop constructive relationships across departments and teams and influence effectively to achieve required outcomes.
- Strong commercial acumen with a willingness to spend time in the operations, understanding the key drivers and risks
- Experience with implementing financial tools/ERP would be an advantage
- Build and develop a high-performing finance team.
- Management and preparation of operational/improvement plans.
- Familiar with R&D offsetting
- Professional accounting qualification (CA or CPA)
- 5+ years experience in a senior financial managerial position
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Excel and financial reporting software
- Proficiency in international accounting practices
We are looking for a professional who can add value from day one.
You must be a permanent resident/citizen or have full working rights in Australia.
Please provide a resume (in word format) and a covering letter explaining how you think your experience matches our requirements. All applications will be treated as confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org