DEK Technologies is a global software and hardware engineering services company with over 600 employees in 5 countries.
Our cutting-edge engineering teams are based in Australia, Sweden, USA, Italy and Vietnam.
Benefits of working with DEK
We offer flexible working hours, working from home, international travel opportunities, and a healthy work/life balance. Pre-covid we had monthly all-staff meetings and quarterly company gatherings including lunch and different activities. We have an annual Christmas party with fun activities such as bowling, laser tag, mini-golf serving good food and drinks. We raffle out amazing prizes and like to give recognition to high-performing staff members.
We’re a fast-paced and expanding company looking for experienced C++ Developers to develop platform software for a major customer.
Our team of highly skilled engineers develop and integrate and test computer vision software in a high-performance embedded environment. Working in global agile teams use your modern C++ skills in a multi-threaded Linux application environment to deliver industry leading solutions to the automotive industry.
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from concept to deployment.
- Application-level software engineering (C++) across the full product development lifecycle, including prototyping, requirements definition, architectural and detailed design, estimation, implementation, unit-testing, integration testing, documentation, design and code reviews.
- Leading, owning, and delivering work packages
- Taking initiative and action when faced with uncertainty
- Ensuring quality is maintained throughout the Product Development Life Cycle
- Investigation of complex issues and problems
Key experience and competence required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated commercial experience developing products using Modern C++
- Demonstrated ability to work within a high-performing team of engineers.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, coaching and guidance to team members to meet demanding project scheduling goals
- Commercial experience using multi-thread and multi-process programming techniques
- Advanced Linux experience
- Experience using C++ STL and Boost libraries
- Strong problem solving, data analysis and analytical skills
- Highly organized – results and delivery oriented
- Ability to collaborate, build effective relationships and influence others within a matrix management organisation
- Ability to provide guidance to junior team members
- Ability to express technical concepts clearly, both verbally and written
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a team
In addition, the following experience is desirable:
- Demonstrated experienced in developing safety-critical applications and compliance to industry safety standards such as ASPICE/CMMI/ISO 26262 etc.
- Experience developing commercial or open-source APIs and SDKs
- Embedded low-level software engineering experience
- Experience using Qt, or similar GUI frameworks
- Experience writing Python, Bash or other scripting languages
- Strong mathematical skills, including linear algebra and 3D geometry
- Experience developing video, networking, security, computer vision and/or image processing systems
- Experience developing systems in Automotive or other safety critical industries
- Experience with a modern toolchain including Bazel, Docker, Jenkins, Github, Slack, Jira
We are looking for a professional who can add new skills and expertise to the team from day one.
You must be a permanent resident/citizen or have full working rights in Australia.
Please provide a resume (in word format) and a covering letter explaining how you think your experience matches our requirements. All applications will be treated as confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org