DEK Technologies is a global software and hardware engineering services company with over 600 employees in 5 countries.
Our cutting-edge engineering teams are based in Australia, Sweden, the USA, Italy, and Vietnam.
Benefits of working with DEK
If you are looking for an employer that offers a work/life balance, flexible working hours, working from home and international travel opportunities then look no further!
This position is primarily responsible to facilitate the business analysis and engagement process with business stakeholders whilst collaborating with the tech teams, to achieve delivery of web development enhancements, process improvements or new functionalities.
- Gathering, validating and documenting business and user requirements.
- Creating functional and system specifications for user requirements
- Analysing market reports, voice of the customer to inform and provide additional data to user requirements.
- Identify the required level of detail in requirements at all levels to support design, development, testing and also cost estimation and return on investment.
- Modelling workflow and business processes and identifying opportunities and process improvements.
- Working with Product and system architecture to identify risks, benefits, and business impacts for new and existing processes.
- Translate information, deciphering technical jargon to ensure clear messaging and knowledge sharing across the team.
- Develop ideas, analysis and provide input into software engineering solutions to support project decisions and deliverables.
- Lead business engagement and analysis activities with a view to standardise processes and increase efficiencies.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with customers and technical stakeholders to capture business requirements and desired process outcomes.
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Review functional specifications and design documents to ensure satisfaction of requirements through traceability.
- Document as-is and to-be processes using diagramming applications.
- Operate in a highly Agile environment.
- Auditing the current state of a system by reviewing its user experience against heuristics and best practices, benchmarking it against alternative solutions, mapping user journeys, identifying pain points, extracting insights from its analytics data, etc.
- Preparing and conducting research activities with stakeholders/SMEs and end-user, such as workshops/focus groups, interviews, quantitative surveys, etc.
- Effectively communicating research findings and actionable insights through presentations and practical artifacts such as business requirements, user personas, user/job stories, user journey mapping, list of problem statements, analytics report, “how might we” statements, hypotheses of potential solutions, etc.
- Effectively communicate your designs to developers and other key stakeholders.
- Information Architecture design and testing
- Tertiary education BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- (Preferred) Relevant industry certification
- Experience using requirements tools, JIRA and other industry tools for requirements at various levels.
- Portfolio demonstrating creative work as well as the ability to communicate the value add of such design.
- Experience in delivering large and small scale projects, with an excellent understanding of all aspects of product development lifecycle
- Experience with managing web development projects
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Business Analyst position
- 3 years of relevant experiences, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials
- Previous experience as a Project Manager, Digital Business Analyst, Functional Consultant, Implementation Consultant, or Software SME is highly advantageous
- (Preferred) 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies)
- (Preferred) Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Professionalism at all time, including showing up and delivering on time, being transparent and raising issues early, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing
- Proficiency with the most common design software and ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly
- Attention to details in the preparation and the execution/production of design artefacts
- Understanding of design thinking and user-centred design principles
- Understanding of project management and agile delivery processes
- Ability to relate to clients, stakeholders and end-users alike
- Basic understanding of development matters, what the most common technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS and CMS allow to do
- Ability to innovate and develop out-of-the-box solutions to complex user interaction problems.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability and desire to continuously learn new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, and ability to operate and plan in a rapidly changing environment.
We are looking for a professional who can add new skills and expertise to the team from day one.
You must be a permanent resident/citizen or have full working rights in Australia.
Please provide a resume and a covering letter explaining how you think your experience matches our requirements. All applications will be treated as confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com